Dec 10, 2009

THE CAFFEINATED CITY

Ah, I've realized what gives Dean so much energy--coffee. It's the Seattle way.


He literally made me bow down before this coffee shop--the very first Starbucks. The buskers let me sing second tenor with them, but I left after I found out they didn't know "Nessun Dorma." Pshaw!


Of course, what's Seattle without the iconic Space Needle. It's been there since 1962, and it's so very The Jetsons. (Ruh-roh, George!)


Like the Space Needle, the Monorail is also a relic of the '62 World's Fair.



Another coffee break, this time at Dean's favorite espresso cafe.


Hey, Clevelanders! I'm at the other end of I-90.


I thought I'd try my luck begging outside the new offices of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Because they gave out 2.8 BILLION DOLLARS in 2008, I thought perhaps there might be a spare million for Opera Cleveland. No such luck.

.

1 comment:

Lisa Craig said...

These are great shots! Keep 'em coming throughout all your travels!