Feb 24, 2009

MEET NEW FRIENDS, BUT KEEP THE OLD

I'm a-twitter. (As opposed to twittering, which I also do. See here.)

The stage managers are here, and you know what that means. Yes, it does mean that Becky's Bar will see a dramatic increase in sales. But it also means that The Barber of Seville is getting closer and closer.

As you may know, they arrive a week before the singers do, cranking out a few trees worth of paperwork, taping the rehearsal space and making sure everything will go as smooth as a baby's butt for the next month.

While I surely miss Valerie, I met our new Production Stage Manager Sarah today. She's a little camera shy and wasn't so keen on cradling me in her arms for the sake of my acute need for affection illustrating my blog. I won't hold that against her.


I also met Erin McCardle (who I call Curls McGirl), one of our assistant stage managers. She helped me suit up with some beads for Mardi Gras.




I helped Curls with her Prop Tracking Sheet, one of the many things the stage managers have to prepare this week. The sheet shows to whom each prop "belongs" in the production, when it enters the stage and when it exits.



Ah, old friends! Lisa Kelly is back as assistant stage manager. She got a peck on the cheek ...or five. (And I got one slap on the beak.)

4 comments:

vkwheels said...

yeaaah!!!!! Lisa Kelly! I'm jealous! I was some Carl attention!

Anonymous said...

What in the world does an opera chicken do to earn Mardi Gras beads?

Carl said...

You really don't want to know.

Carl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.