Oct 6, 2008

A NEW DAY, A NEW OPERA

Sadly, our Figaro cast departed from our fair city yesterday. The tears barely had time to dry before our cast for Hansel and Gretel had arrived and stole my heart. I headed to the rehearsal hall in PlayhouseSquare today for ye olde Meet 'n' Greet.


I listened in as Chuck Hudson, the director, summarized some of the visual and directorial choices for our production. FYI, it's gonna be OFF THE HOOK. So much research into the mythology of Hansel and Gretel as well as consideration of costumes, lighting and effects is going into this production.

Chuck has an extensive background in corporeal theatre; he studied with MARCEL MARCEAU! (It's only a matter of time before I ask him to show me how to mime "chicken trapped in a box.")


Anya Matanovic is our Gretel. (I don't believe the opera calls for Gretel to have a boyfriend, but if there happens to be a need, I'm available.)



Dana Beth Miller is not really a witch; she just plays one at the opera. She also did not really take a bite of chicken here. It's called acting. She is good at that.


Sadly, this is the only way I'm able to fly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hansel and Gretal is a show about brooms. Everyone has a broom, even Carl.
Heidi The Prop Mistress