Aug 28, 2008

PREACHING TO THE CHOIR

I'm really getting busy (as opposed to "gettin' busy") at the opera. I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off. (Sorry, macabre humor.)

Last night, I went over to a rehearsal hall at the State Theatre to a chorus rehearsal to see how they roll. Figaro has a chorus of 12, and, like with all of our productions, our chorus members are local, professional singers.


I checked the Sign In sheet. Only one early bird so far. (heh heh)



Before chorus members arrived, I chatted with
our Assistant Chorus Master, John.


Shhh! They're rehearsing!


While our Chorus Master CM Shearer conducted,
I threw in some melodies.(But apparently there is no bawk bawk bawk
in Figaro. Fie on Mozart!)



The chorus asked me to conduct at one point. I pretty much rocked.


Before I headed back to the coop, I checked the Call Board,
which posts the next rehearsal date/time.
(Sunday?!? Isn't that a day of rest/hangover recovery?! C'mon.)



No comments: