Mar 10, 2009

Q&A with TOM HAMMONS

Today at rehearsal, I hung out with Tom Hammons while he waited for his cue. I exploited this time to ask him a few somewhat prying questions. (Actually I started with Truth or Dare, but when I dared Tom to moon Alek while he was singing, he put an end to that.)

Favorite Adult Beverage:
La phroig
(He says this is an Islay
single malt, but I'm pretty sure it's actually a piece of IKEA furniture.)

Favorite opera:
The Marriage of Figaro
(Ahem.)

Least favorite opera:
La traviata

Favorite composer:
Without a doubt, Mozart

In high school, were you a nerd, stoner, popular kid, jock, class clown, or other?
Other: Poet Laueate
(Sorry, Tom, but repeating "Sticks and stones may break my bones..." does not a poet make.)

What song do you want played at your funeral?
"Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin

Do you sing opera in the shower?
No

What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Having to feed my pet peeve

Do you talk to yourself?
I’ve asked myself that question often and the answer is no.

What do you say?
“Do I talk to myself?”

I can’t go onstage without:
my pants
(Hence, the refusal to moon Alek.)

If I hadn’t become a singer, I would have:
become a millionaire

Who would you rather have dinner with: Richard Simmons, Cheech & Chong or Gary Busey?
Andre.
(Oh, he's a clever one, that Tom.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I can’t go onstage without:
my pants"

Clearly, this man is NOT from Cleveland.